Acer Launches 11-inch Convertible Notebook, the Aspire R 11
- Smallest addition to Acer’s convertible notebook line maximizes usability in small spaces due to its 11.6-inch display
- Durable fabric-textured exterior in sky blue or cloud white is visually appealing and functional
- Crisp and clear touch screen features Zero Air Gap technology that reduces reflections and improves readability, while Corning® Gorilla® Glass protects the display from scratches
- 360-degree dual-torque hinge allows fluid switching between four modes, and a wobble-free touch experience
- Enhanced usability features include Acer’s proprietary TrueHarmony audio and BluelightShield™ for convenience and comfort
Acer today announced the smallest addition to its convertible notebook lineup – the Aspire R 11 with 11.6-inch display. This compact notebook makes the most of small spaces with a uniquely-designed 360-degree hinge that allows it to convert fluidly between four modes for creating and sharing. Up to 8 hours of battery life provides customers with a full-day’s usage on the go.
The Aspire R 11 features a fabric-textured cover and underside created with a laser etching process for a visually appealing and functional exterior that’s scratch resistant and provides a firm grip. It is available in sky blue or cloud white, with a crisp and clear 11.6-inch HD touch screen featuring Zero Air Gap technology and durable Corning® Gorilla® Glass.
Powered by an Intel® Pentium® processor and Intel® HD graphics, the Aspire R 11 can be configured with up to 8GB of DDR3L system memory and up to 1TB1 hard drive. It has an Acer Crystal Eye HD webcam, built-in SD™ Card reader, USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 ports, and full sized HDMI and VGA ports. The Aspire R 11 ships with Windows 8.1 and is supported by Acer for the free upgrade to Windows 10 2.
Four Modes to Fit Anywhere
The uniquely-designed 360-degree hinge allows the Aspire R 11 to fluidly switch between “notebook” mode for work and productivity, “pad” mode for sharing information or playing light games, “display” mode for enjoying movies or videos from afar, and “tent” mode for use in confined spaces. The hinge has a dual-torque design which allows it to easily open, while at the same time, it applies extra torque which stabilizes the panel and reduces wobble when the screen is touched. The Aspire R 11 can automatically reverse audio channel output based on the screen orientation. The audio and video hardware are fine-tuned to ensure clear and crisp communication with no lag.
Additional Speakers Not Needed with Acer TrueHarmony
The Aspire R 11 includes the latest TrueHarmony audio technology from Acer, a unique combination of innovative hardware and software design. Acer TrueHarmony delivers lifelike audio that takes entertainment to the next level. With a paper diaphragm construction specifically designed to enhance strength and flexibility, the speakers deliver accurate sound with a wider range of bass and less distortion. The custom equalizer optimizes frequency balance, ensuring that movies come to life, music has more depth, and games are even more engaging.
BluelightShield™ Allows More Reading with Less Eye Strain
The Aspire R 11 includes Acer BluelightShield, effectively reducing eye strain by reducing blue light emission from the screen, it provides four modes of use:
- Low Reduction: Reduces blue light emission from the LED backlit module by 18%, which is as effective as a pair of generic anti-blue-light glasses.
- Mid Reduction and High Reduction: Reduces blue light emission from the LED backlit module by 36% and 54% respectively.
- Long Hour Mode: Professionally tuned by optical engineers to reduce eye strain over extended periods.
Precise and Intuitive Control
Acer implemented the Precision Touchpad on the Aspire R 11 which unifies the Windows experience, providing touchpad gestures and behaviors consistent with those of a touchscreen, such as pinch-to-zoom, swipe, and scroll. This not only provides a smooth and responsive experience, but also better accuracy through higher resolution hardware and built-in palm rejection.
Pricing and Availability
The Acer Aspire R 11 will be available in North America in July with prices starting at US$249, in EMEA in June with prices starting at €349, and in China in June with prices starting at ¥2,799.
Exact specifications, prices, and availability will vary by region. To find out about availability, product specifications and prices in specific markets, please contact your nearest Acer office or retailer via www.acer.com.
The new Aspire R 11 was unveiled today at the next@acer press event at 4 World Trade Center in New York, where the company announced its latest devices and solutions for families, students and professionals. For more information, visit acer.com/nextatacer.
1. Specifications may vary depending on model
2. Some hardware/software may limitations apply and feature availability may vary by device. Devices must be connected to the internet and have Windows Update enabled. Your Internet Service Provider may charge you additional fees. Should customers decide to approach an Acer Service Center to perform the upgrade, Acer reserves the right to charge for the service provided. The free upgrade offer is valid only during the first year of Windows 10 availability.