Acer Products for Varied Lifestyles Receive Red Dot Awards for Design Innovation
Acer’s winning entries feature gaming and consumer laptops, eco-friendly display devices, an all-in-one desktop, smart speaker, and mobile connectivity device
TAIPEI (June 19, 2023) A range of Acer devices received the 2023 Red Dot Award and were recognized for their design quality and ingenuity. The Predator Triton 17 X, Predator Helios Neo 16, and Acer Chromebook 516 GE gaming laptops, as well as the Acer Swift 14 and the Acer TravelMate P6 14 make up the suite of laptops awarded by the Red Dot jury. A pair of environment-friendly products also made the list with the Acer Vero CB3 series monitor and the Acer Vero PL2520i laser projector. The Acer Aspire S all-in-one PC, Acer Connect Enduro M3 5G Mobile Wi-Fi Router, and the Acer Halo Swing Smart Speaker round up the winning entries chosen by the Red Dot body.
As an internationally established design competition, the Red Dot distinction is bestowed on outstanding designs which has helped increase global visibility and credibility for various products and brands through the years. A panel of 43 design experts from different industries and practices conducted an on-site assessment of the products for the first time in three years, based on the criteria of product design, quality, and innovation. The Acer devices were among more than 7,900 entries for this year, with participants ranging from around 60 countries globally.
Acer Red Dot Awardees: Product Design 2023
- Predator Triton 17 X: The portable gaming laptop packs massive power under its thin, CNC-milled unibody chassis, coated with an abyssal black finish for a sophisticated look. Gamers can mix and match colors on its micro-etched RGB Predator logo and per-key RGB backlit keyboard, while stainless-steel speakers and air vents are carefully placed on its bottom cover for added functionality. The 17-inch laptop also sports premium display options of up to a WQXGA mini-LED (AmLED) panel with 250 Hz refresh rate, 16:10 aspect ratio and DisplayHDR™ certification.
- Predator Helios Neo 16: Its unique design features laser-etched encrypted codes on its abyssal-black anodized cover, enticing gamers to unlock the message that lies within. The 16-inch gaming laptop also delivers stunning visuals on its WQXGA IPS or WUXGA display options, and a redesigned 4-zone RGB keyboard that can be customized using the PredatorSense™ 4.0 utility app.
- Acer Chromebook 516 GE: Designed to provide premier cloud gaming experiences, Acer’s first gaming Chromebook presents vibrant visuals on its 120 Hz high-resolution WQXGA IPS display and RGB keyboard with anti-ghosting technology. For enhanced audio when gaming or streaming, the Acer Chromebook 516 GE is equipped with two upward-facing and two downward-facing speakers integrated with advanced DTS audio.
- Acer Swift 14: The ultraportable Swift 14 showcases a delicate design, crafted with an aerospace-grade aluminum chassis, angular edges, and structural lines for a refined look and feel. Its luxury identity is further elevated with diamond-cut edges and double-anodized gold sides to highlight its slender look. The addition of a tactile OceanGlass™ touchpad adds a splash of sustainability to its premium form factor.
- Acer TravelMate P6 14: The thin-and-light business laptop is built to withstand daily wear and tear as it complies with military-grade durability standards and comes with reinforced I/O ports. Designed with the environment in mind, it incorporates post-consumer recycled (PCR) plastic, while select configurations come with TCO certification in some countries and EPEAT rating. The TravelMate P6 14 also features an OLED display and enhanced keyboard features with a larger touchpad and quieter clicks to help support today’s modern workforce.
- Acer Vero CB3 Docking Display Series: Made ideal for retouching photos and designing, the Acer Vero CB3 series monitors come with up to 27-inch 4K UHD (3840 x 2160) IPS displays and HDR 10 to present true-to-life 8-bit colors. Users are given more freedom to adjust their workspace and viewing preferences with the monitors’ 178-degree wide viewing angle capability, flexible ergonomic stands, and docking stations. The dock also includes vital connectivity ports such as a 90 W USB Type-C port, RJ45 ethernet port, and a built-in KVM switch. The eco-friendly device is also made with 85% PCR and 5% ocean-bound plastics in its exterior and possesses Energy Star®, TCO and EPEAT Gold certifications for its energy-efficient features.
- Acer Vero PL2520i laser projector: The high-performing yet eco-friendly Vero projector is equipped with laser light technology, a 30,000-hour lifespan, and up to 40% energy-saving efficiency. Design-wise, it incorporates up to 50% PCR plastic in the chassis to reduce the impact on the environment and IP6X “dust tight” rating for added exterior protection within any location or position. To provide flexible installation and projection, it comes with multiple projection modes, 1.3x optical zoom capabilities, and built-in 15 W speakers.
- Acer Aspire S Series All-in-One PC: It is crafted for everyday productivity and to fit almost any workspace with its slim and modern aluminum body. Users can enjoy comfortable viewing when working or browsing with its ergonomic tiltable display and brilliant imagery on its WQHD IPS display with near borderless bezels. The addition of a magnetically-mounted 1440p QHD webcam with ring light helps capture the best images and videos. The Aspire S Series AIO also comes with a detachable OceanGlass touchpad and a stylus pen to support productivity needs.
- Acer Connect Enduro M3 5G Mobile Wi-Fi Router: The mobile hotspot device features a rugged, yet sleek exterior, and is equipped with high-grade durability as it conforms with military-grade standards and IP54 protection rating. With vSim technology embedded, users can connect to over 200 5G network carriers across 135+ countries around the world. It also carries an all-day 6500 mAh battery within its portable casing, making it a handy device for fast internet connectivity.
- Acer Halo Swing Smart Speaker: The Acer Halo Swing Smart Speaker comes with Google Assistant, a reactive RGB-LIT base and DTS Sound™ to deliver amazing audio projection and dazzling lights in any setting or occasion. For added convenience and manageability, the portable smart speaker is designed with a hands-free control system and seamless device pairing via the dedicated Acer Halo App, projects notifications on its LED dot display, and comes with IPX5-rated water resistance for worry-free use.
 Specifications may vary depending on model and/or region. All models subject to availability.
 Acer TCO-certified models are identified with the "TCO" suffix in the model name (ex: XXXXXX-XX-TCO). For more detail on Acer TCO-certified products, please click here (https://tcocertified.com/product-finder/).
 EPEAT registered where applicable. EPEAT registration varies by country. See www.epeat.net for registration status by country.
 Compared to the Acer P5535 projector (lamp-based).
 Google, Google Assistant, and Google Fast Pair are trademarks of Google LLC.