- Acer announces refreshes to its performance powerhouse Aspire V Nitro Series notebooks and the style-and-performance blended Aspire V 13 notebook, all of which incorporate 6th Gen Intel® Core™ processors and ships with Windows 10
- The refreshed notebooks support the latest USB 3.1 Type-C port and Qualcomm® 2x2 802.11ac Wi-Fi with MU-MIMO technology
- The 2015 refreshes for both the 17-inch (VN7-792G) and 15-inch (VN7-572 series) Aspire V Nitro models include a neat-cut corner design and a breakthrough slot-antenna design for 360-degree wireless coverage with no dead zones
- The Aspire V 13 (V3-372 series) is designed to slip into a bag easily at just 19.65mm thin and 1.5kg light, while 8 hours of battery life lets users stay unplugged for a full workday
Blazing-Fast Connectivity, With or Without Wires
The refreshed Aspire V Nitro Series notebooks and Aspire V 13 support the latest USB 3.1 Type-C port, while “Black Edition” Aspire V Nitro models support Thunderbolt™ 3, which brings Thunderbolt to USB Type-C at speeds up to 40Gbps. All models include Qualcomm® VIVE™ 2x2 802.11ac Wi-Fi with Qualcomm® MU | EFX MU-MIMO technology, allowing up to three times faster1 downloads compared to other 802.11ac products. MU-MIMO networks serve multiple devices simultaneously, so that higher efficacy can be achieved with multiple devices.
“Sophisticated consumers want the most powerful and efficient notebooks for applications such as gaming, 4k video streaming, downloading, and more,” said Rahul Patel, senior vice president and general manager, connectivity, Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. “With the inclusion of Qualcomm MU-MIMO technology, Acer’s V Nitro Series has the top-notch Wi-Fi connectivity option to ensure performance.”
Aspire V Nitro Series- Life in the Fast Lane
The Aspire V Nitro Series notebooks are designed for those seeking an immersive sensory experience and serious computing power. Powered by 6th Gen Intel Core processors, the 2015 Aspire V Nitro Series support up to 32GB DDR4 system memory, NVIDIA® GeForce® graphics, and SATA III SSD/SSHD/HDD storage options. In addition, a new touchscreen option has been added for the 15-inch model in the refreshed series. “Black Edition” models support NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX960M graphics with up to 4GB GDDR5 graphics RAM, and lightning-fast NVMe PCIe SSDs which are typically only available in enterprise servers.
“The Acer Aspire notebook series powered by the new 6th Gen Intel Core processors provides consumers with powerful performance and a long battery life for the best computing experience today,” said Kirk Skaugen, senior vice president and general manager of Intel’s Client Computing Group. “Intel and Acer have a long history of innovation together, bringing new technologies to market that delight consumers.”
The 2015 refreshes for both the 17-inch and 15-inch Aspire V Nitro models include a neat-cut corner design and a breakthrough slot-antenna design. The antenna is discretely positioned on one corner of the display ensuring 360-degree wireless coverage with no dead zones. Acer TrueHarmony Plus with Dolby® Audio™ technology help the four built-in speakers pump out powerful surround sound for gaming, film, and music playback. The premium “Black Edition” models include a distinctive light bar alongside the hinge, 4K 100% Adobe RGB options2 , and AeroBlade thermal exhausts with the world’s thinnest metallic blades of just 0.1mm thin, which are stronger and quieter.
Aspire V 13 Series - A Blend of Style and Performance
The new Aspire V 13 notebooks are powered by 6th Gen Intel® Core™ processors, Intel® HD graphics, and up to 16GB DDR3L system memory. The notebooks come in two stylish colors – Steel Black and Platinum White. At just 19.65 mm thin and 1.5 kg light, they are designed to slip into a bag easily, while 8 hours of battery life lets users stay unplugged for a full workday.
The Aspire V 13 feature Acer CrystalEye HD webcams, and are Skype for Business-certified for smooth audio and visuals without gaps or lags, while also allowing a smooth experience for Cortana, the Microsoft personal digital assistant. Four USB ports provide plentiful connectivity, while two powerful speakers with Dolby® Audio™ technology provide cinematic sound on the go, and thanks to the built-in Precision Touchpad (PTP), the Aspire V 13 enables accurate navigation and full support of gestures in Windows 10 across touch and non-touch models.
Pricing and Availability The Acer Aspire V 17 Nitro be available in North America in October with prices starting at US$1,099, and in EMEA in September with prices starting at €999. The Acer Aspire V 15 Nitro will be available in North America in October with prices starting at US$999, and in EMEA in September with prices starting at €899. The Acer Aspire V 13 will be available in North America in October with prices starting at US$599, and in EMEA in October with prices starting at €699. Exact specifications, prices, and availability will vary by region. To find out about availability, product specifications and prices in specific markets, please contact your nearest Acer office or retailer via www.acer.com.
The new products were unveiled today at the next@acer press event at IFA Berlin in Germany, where the company announced its latest devices and solutions for gamers and consumers for the holiday season. Visit Acer’s booth at IFA 2015 in Messe Berlin (Hall 12/101) or learn about the new product range on acer.com/ifaberlin2015/.
1. MU-MIMO availability and specification will vary depending on model and region. To achieve the best performance, both the transmitter and receiver must support MU-MIMO. The product is based on an IEEE 802.11ac draft specification and multi user scenario. Actual speed will vary based on range, connection rate, site conditions, size of network, and other factors. The claim of up to 3x faster transmission speed is valid only under scenario when wireless AP supports 4 MU streams.
2. Specifications may vary depending on model and region.