TAIPEI, TAIWAN (October 12, 2020) Acer Inc. (TWSE: 2353) announced today its consolidated revenues for September at NT$29.51 billion, reaching a record high in 72 months, and up 21.3% year-on-year (YoY) or 8.2% month-on-month. Preliminary consolidated revenues for the third quarter of 2020 reached NT$80.03 billion to set another record in 23 quarters, and up 27.3% YoY or 22% quarter-on-quarter. For year-to-September, consolidated revenues were NT$194.49 billion, up 12.6% YoY.
There were many highlights in the third quarter:
- Year-on-year revenue growth for Pan America was up by 70.7%
- Year-on-year revenue growth for the gaming line was up by 69.9%, for Chromebooks by 94.4%, and for commercial notebooks by 86.6%
Achievements of new business developments in the third quarter include:
- Acer Synergy Tech was formally approved to be listed over-the-counter in Taiwan
- Acer Healthcare received the first AI-assisted diagnostic software ophthalmic medical device certification from the Taiwan Food & Drug Administration
- Year-on-year revenue growth for GadgeTek was up by 75.2% and for Acer e-Enabling Service Business was up by 15.9%
- Lifestyle beverage product launches were warmly received by the market
Acer will host its online next@acer global press conference on October 21 at 9pm Taiwan (UTC+8) / New York 9am (UTC-4) / Berlin 3pm (UTC+2) time, where the company will announce new innovations to build up its lifestyle brands.