Acer Separates New and Core Businesses to Accelerate Corporate Transformation
The Core Business umbrella shall consist of: the IT Products Business that encompasses notebooks, desktops and tablet PCs, and its R&D; the digital display and server products businesses; and corporate business planning operations. Separately, the New Business umbrella will consist of: BYOC and Smart Products Business that encompasses Acer’s BYOC™ cloud services, smartphones and wearable devices; the value lab, and e-business.
The business entities and leaderships under the core business and new business umbrellas, effective on March 25, are:
Core Business – for IT product development
- IT Products Business for notebooks, desktops and tablet PCs, and its R&D - led by Jerry Kao, president
- Digital Display Business including monitors and projectors – led by Victor Chien who is promoted as president
- Server Products Business – led by Evis Lin, general manager
- Corporate Business Planning and Operations – led by Tiffany Huang, president
- eBusiness Business – led by Ben Wan, president
- BYOC and Smart Products Business – co-headed by presidents Maverick Shih and ST Liew
- Value Lab for the vertical and horizontal integration of technology for new businesses – led by Dr. RC Chang, chief technology officer
Finally, Acer will appoint Andrew Hou, current general manager of the Stationary Computing Business Unit, to lead the Pan Asia Pacific operations. In his new capacity as president of Acer’s Pan Asia Pacific region, Mr. Hou will oversee the operations of Asia Pacific countries, China, Taiwan, South Korea, Japan, Australia and New Zealand.