Acer’s ebii E-bike and Computer Products Honored in 2023 Good Design Awards
Acer laptops, desktops, and a mobile connectivity device also earned recognition from the Japanese design awards
TAIPEI (October 5, 2023) A mix of Acer products received the 2023 Good Design Awards, headlined by its sustainability-focused products in the Acer ebii e-bike and several devices from the eco-conscious Vero line which include monitors, a set of peripherals, and an energy-saving projector. Awards were also handed to the Acer TravelMate P6 14 business laptop, Predator Triton 17 X gaming laptop, Acer Aspire S Series all-in-one desktop, Acer Revo Box mini-PC, and the Acer Connect Enduro M3 Mobile Wi-Fi. This year’s list of winning products highlights the company’s design innovation in serving multiple segments and lifestyles.
Since 1957, the Good Design Awards from Japan has sought to recognize companies and creators who develop “empowering designs” that bring about social contributions and push the boundaries of design possibilities. This year’s entries were assessed by a jury of experts based on the criteria of human, industrial, social, and time perspectives. The chosen winners have embodied this year’s theme of “design and outcomes”, emphasizing the creators’ diverse perspectives and growing awareness of various issues through their ideas and the actions done for their works to take shape.
Acer’s Good Design Award 2023 Winners
- Acer ebii e-Bike: Designed to provide urban commuters with a convenient, safe, and greener transportation option, the Acer ebii e-bike leverages AI-driven technology that adapts to power usage, riding conditions, and user preferences for effortless riding. Its long-lasting, swappable, and portable battery can be fast charged up to 100% power in just 2.5 hours to support worry-free journeys throughout the day. It also features a sturdy aluminum alloy frame and single-fork design, marked by smooth edges and a white matte finish, giving the Acer ebii’s clean and modern appearance. The ebike’s airless tires made from closed-loop recyclable materials are also flat-free and help minimize carbon footprint in the environment.
- Acer Vero B277U D3 Monitor: Made ideal for professional workers and teleconferencing, it showcases a WQHD resolution, AI noise-cancelling capabilities, a 5M-IR webcam, and a range of color-enhancing technologies. To further uplift viewing experiences, the Acer Vero B277U D3 monitor’s flexible ErgoStand design lets users adjust tilt, swivel, pivot, and height with ease and is equipped with eye protection features such as Acer VisionCare 2.0 and TÜV/EyeSafe™ certification. The eco-display is also made with 85% post-consumer recycled (PCR) materials and 5% ocean-bound plastic (OBP), is shipped with 100% recyclable packaging, and comes with loads of energy-efficient certifications such as TCO and ENERGY STAR®, and EPEAT registration.
- Acer Vero B278K Monitor: To further support the growing needs of business and the remote work culture, the Acer Vero B278K commercial monitor features a 4K UHD display, built-in 5M-IR webcam and microphone that can detect multiple voices all at once, and a docking display to help minimize the need for external devices and workspace clutter. Providing added protection and flexibility for users, the monitor is equipped with Acer’s Vision Care 3.0 which helps reduce eye strain, multi-stream technology with ZeroFrame design, and daisy chain feature allowing it to connect multiple monitors side-by-side for extended viewing. The Acer Vero B278K monitor also utilizes recycled materials in its components and packaging and has earned its own share of eco-friendly certifications.
- Acer Vero XL2530 Projector: The Acer Vero XL2530 projector is great for environment-conscious consumers looking for a high-performance, yet low-maintenance projection solution. Its mercury-free light source does not require any replacements and offers up to a 30,000-hour lifespan from its high-efficiency laser light technology. With an IP6X protection-rated optical engine and 360-degree projection capabilities, the Acer Vero XL2530 gives added flexibility for various purposes within different environments. The projector’s space-saving exterior is also composed of 50% PCR plastic and 100% recyclable paper packaging, ultimately reducing overall cost and environmental impact.
- Acer Vero Peripherals Combo Set: A set of sustainable wireless peripherals composed of a keyboard and mouse, the devices are constructed from 65% PCR plastic and include OBP components, presenting an attractive earthy look and feel while leaving a lighter touch on the environment. Professionals and everyday users can maximize the keyboard’s silent switches when typing and the mouse’s 10-meter operating range, making it easy to work from any location or surrounding. What sets it apart is that they are made with one of the highest percentages of recycled plastics in the industry, combining practicality, sustainability, and ergonomic product designs in these eco-conscious devices.
- Acer TravelMate P6 14 Laptop: Users can enjoy elevated viewing experiences on the business laptop’s large 2.8K OLED display with 100% DCI-P3 color space coverage. The thin-and-light device is packed with an FHD IR webcam, upward-facing speakers, and Acer’s AI-powered technology specialized for high-quality videoconferencing. Workers stay connected to fast internet speeds with Wi-Fi 6E and 5G wireless connectivity and a 65 W fast-charging battery. The secure-cored PC protects sensitive data with security features such as IR facial recognition, fingerprint scanning, user sensing technology, and Privacy Panel. The TravelMate P6 14 also keeps sustainability in mind as it incorporates PCR and OBP plastic, uses 100% recyclable packaging, and comes with military-grade durability, EPEAT registration, and TCO certification.
- Predator Triton 17 X Gaming Laptop: A 17-inch gaming laptop tailored for hardcore gamers and content creators who value performance, durability, reliability, and aesthetics all in one device. Its metal CNC unibody chassis is crafted to maintain a sleek and sophisticated look while housing an advanced cooling system with Acer’s 5th Gen Aeroblade™ 3D fans, vapor chamber, Vortex flow technology, and liquid metal thermal grease on the CPU. The laptop features a large WQXGA mini-LED display with a 250 Hz refresh rate and meets DisplayHDR™ requirements to offer wider viewing angles, higher resolutions, and improved multi-tasking capabilities. The Predator Triton 17 X’s screen is also Eyesafe® Certified to help minimize blue light exposure when gaming or creating.
- Acer Aspire S All-in-one Desktop PC: Crafted to enhance everyday productivity and minimize workspace clutter with its slim and modern aluminum body design. Users can enjoy brilliant images when working or browsing on the Acer Aspire S AIO’s near-borderless WQHD IPS ergonomic display, with surround sound audio capabilities for truly immersive viewing. The addition of a magnetically mounted 1440p QHD webcam with ring light helps capture the best images and videos, while the options for an active stylus pen and detachable OceanGlass™ touchpad, made from ocean-bound plastic, further support user experiences and Acer’s mission of minimizing its carbon footprint within its product portfolio.
- Acer Revo Box Mini PC: The Acer Revo has been revamped to deliver upgraded performance in a more compact and versatile form factor. The mini-PC’s design allows it to be easily set up with an option for Acer’s patented rotatable VESA mount and adapter holder, helping save valuable desk space within homes or office work setups. Powered by the latest processors and large memory storage, the Acer Revo Box is capable of handling demanding applications with ease and possesses multiple display support (up to 3) along with a wide range of port options for added convenience.
- Acer Connect Enduro M3: The mobile hotspot device's rugged yet sleek exterior features elevated lines on the chassis for added grip and is made from high-grade materials that conform with military-grade standards and IP54 protection rating, making it the perfect connectivity companion to stay online no matter the location or environment. The intuitive touchscreen shows simplified menu options and a QR code that makes it easier to set up hotspot connections. With vSim technology embedded, users can connect to over 200 5G network carriers across 135+ countries around the world without the need for any SIM card. It also carries a high-capacity 6500 mAh battery that can double as a power bank, making it a handy mobile device for fast internet and portable charging.