Multitasking Multiplied: Acer Brings Productivity to the Next Level with the Liquid Jade Primo Smartphone
- Enhanced productivity for professionals through Continuum, allowing Windows 10 universal apps to provide a PC-like experience when the smartphone is connected with a secondary display
- Award-winning Acer Liquid Jade design DNA with sleek and slim profile, curved back cover that fits comfortably in the hand, and 2.5D Corning® Gorilla® Glass screen
- First-class visual experience with 5.5-inch Full HD AMOLED on-cell touch display, 21MP AF rear camera with dual LED flash, and 8MP wide-angle selfie cam.
- Superior multitasking powered by Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 808 processor, with 3GB RAM and 32GB of internal memory. LTE Cat. 6 and 802.11ac MIMO connectivity options make downloads a snap.
- Enterprise-grade security and device management features allow corporate IT personnel to help users be productive while safeguarding company information
LAS VEGAS - Acer today announced the new Liquid Jade Primo, a 5.5-inch premium smartphone running Windows 10 Mobile. The Liquid Jade Primo provides ultimate productivity for professionals through Continuum, allowing Windows 10 universal apps to provide a PC-like experience when the smartphone is connected with a secondary display.
Award-winning Sleek Design
The Acer Liquid Jade Primo features Acer’s award-winning Liquid Jade design language, with a sleek and slim profile, curved back cover that fits comfortably in the hand, and ergonomic 2.5D Corning® Gorilla® Glass screen. The rear and front covers feature a fine hairline-brushed finish, while a sharp diamond-cut band wraps the chassis and gives the smartphone an even more polished look. The cohesive circular-shaped receiver, rear camera, and speaker inherited from the Jade family add a touch of elegance.
With a USB Type-C monitor, wireless display accessories or the Display Dock, the Liquid Jade Primo can provide a PC-like experience on an external display with Windows 10 universal apps. It can be used as a touchpad and virtual keyboard or a keyboard and mouse can be connected for multitasking on both the screen and on the external display; this unlocks use-cases such as:
- Connecting the smartphone to a TV or monitor at hotels or anywhere on the go for productivity-intensive applications, so that the heavier laptop can be left at home.
- Projecting presentation decks to a projector or large screen, while displaying the “Presenter View” on the smartphone.
- Playing videos on the TV while using other apps on the smartphone simultaneously.
To reduce the heat that resource-intensive multitasking brings, the Liquid Jade Primo features an advanced cooling system that efficiently dissipates the heat from the processor, while also reducing the overall rear surface temperature. For a slimmer chassis, the Liquid Jade Primo’s antenna is formed by laser direct structuring (LDS) technology, allowing integration of the antenna and back cover. Also contributing to the slimmer profile is on-cell touch technology, which moves the touch layer onto the outer glass surface of the screen, eliminating the touch substrate layer.
Enterprise-Grade Security and Device Management
With BitLocker technology on Windows 10 Mobile, the Liquid Jade Primo allows for full encryption of all user data stored on internal memory, protecting the device from offline hardware-level attacks. For corporate users, the Liquid Jade Primo also supports device management solutions such as Open Mobile Alliance Device Management (OMA DM) v1.2 and Microsoft Intune, so that IT personnel can help users be productive while safeguarding company information.
Pricing and Availability
The Acer Liquid Jade Primo will be available in EMEA in February with prices starting at €569, and will be gradually rolled out to other regions. Pricing will be announced in each market closer to availability.
Exact specifications, prices, and availability will vary by region. To find out about availability, product specifications and prices in specific markets, please contact your nearest Acer office or retailer via www.acer.com.