Acer Announces New Predator Orion 5000 Gaming Desktop, Massive 43-inch Gaming Monitor and Refreshed Gadgets
- The updated Predator Orion 5000 desktop features Intel’s 9th Gen Core™ i9-9900K processors with the Z390 chipset, NVIDIA® GeForce® RTX 2080 GPUs, Dragon 2.5 Gigabit Ethernet, and an even more compact footprint
- The Predator Orion 5000 (PO5-605S) also features an all-in-one CPU liquid Cooler to maximize performance during intense gaming sessions
- New 43-inch Predator monitor features 4K resolution with a 144Hz refresh rate and DisplayHDR 1000 certification to offer users an expansive viewport
- Acer’s Predator line of gaming gadgets expands with an updated mouse (Cestus 330), audio headset (Galea 311), keyboard (Aethon 300), and M-Utility backpack
NEW YORK (April 11, 2019) Acer today announced new additions across its growing Predator line of gaming products at the annual next@acer global press conference in New York. The new Predator Orion 5000 desktop PC powered by Windows 10 is a mid-tower targeting hardcore gamers, with Intel’s latest Z390 chipset, 9th Gen Intel® Core™ i9-9900K processor, and features an NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 2080 GPU. In addition, Acer has launched a massive 43-inch Predator monitor, alongside new additions to its series of Predator gadgets.
“The Predator Orion 5000 series is designed for gamers who prefer to max out their settings in and potentially dive into streaming with little-to-no impact on performance,” said Jeff Lee, General Manager, Stationary Computing, IT Product Business, Acer Inc. “With the latest gaming technologies like a GeForce RTX GPU and overclockable 9th Gen Intel Core i9-9900K Processor, the new Orion 5000 packs enough power to satisfy even the most demanding gamers.”
“It’s great to see Acer bring such a wide portfolio of gaming devices designed to meet the needs of so many different types of gamers with their new Predator and Nitro series offerings,” said Mark Linton, General Manager, Consumer and Device Sales, Microsoft Corp. “Acer continues to innovate and bring great gaming experiences to market for consumers.”
Acer’s New Predator Orion 5000: Ideal for High-performance Gamers
The new Predator Orion 5000 (PO5-605S) adopts the overclockable octa-core 9th Gen Intel® Core™ i9-9900K (with Z390 chipset) with support for dual-channel DDR4 configurations (up to 64GB) to deliver premium gaming experiences. For superior graphics performance, the revolutionary NVIDIA Turing™ architecture on the NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 GPU combines real-time ray tracing, artificial intelligence, and programmable shading to immerse players in a visually-stunning gaming experience. With the extreme processor the Orion 5000 has under the hood, a Cooler Master® CPU Liquid Cooler regulates temperature to maximize peak performance. Strategically-placed intake and exhaust fans as well as a shrouded power supply unit outfitted with its very own removable dust filter ensure each internal component of the Orion tower stays cool during extended gaming sessions.
The tower’s chassis has been trimmed down to just 30 liters so users can choose a powerful machine with a reduced footprint, while the see-through side panel includes a layer of metal mesh which, along with the rest of the case, gives EMI shielding to inner components. Users can maintain superiority over the competition with 2.5Gbps Ethernet, and when victory is assured, they can hang the headset on either of the chassis’ two headset cradles.
The Easy-Swap expansion bay supports 2.5 inch form factor SATA I/II/III SSD and HDD drives, providing file transfer speeds of up to 6Gbps, for quick and easy moving or switching of data without tools or rebooting. It’s ideal for gamers who want to swap data, move systems, or travel with their 2.5 inch SSD quickly.
Revved Up RGB
Users can choose an RGB lighting pattern that fits their style, or one that suits the game of choice. Light bars and case fans tucked away within the hardened shell support 16.7 million colors. With Lighting Maker, customers can fine tune lighting and let it dance with the music being played.
Acer’s Predator 43-inch LFGD Gaming Monitor: The Ultimate Orion 5000 Companion
Acer revealed its Predator LFGD (Large format gaming display) monitor (CG437K P) measuring an astounding 43-inches. Designed for hardcore PC and console gaming enthusiasts looking for ultra-high definition (3840 x 2160), the 4K monitor features a fast 144Hz refresh rate for incredibly smooth and tear-free imagery, essential for tracking objects as they zip across the screen. The monitor’s AdaptiveSync feature adapts to the frame rate of the outputting device, resulting in uninterrupted gameplay so users can concentrate on the task at hand. The VA display panel features a wide color gamut of 90 percent of the DCI-P3 color space for vibrant colors that pop out and deeper blacks. For enhanced color vibrancy, VESA-Certified DisplayHDR™ 1000 certification ensures better contrast and color accuracy, allowing customers to experience AAA games as they are meant to be. It’s not just for hardcore PC gamers. Console gamers will appreciate its three HDMI ports, plus a Type-C, and a DisplayPort.
The Predator CG437K P features power saving technologies, such as a light sensor that can detect the light level in the room and automatically adjusts brightness for comfortable viewing, and a proximity sensor, so as viewers move to the front of the monitor it will automatically wake up from standby mode, or revert to sleep mode when there is no movement in the room. It also includes a remote control, making it convenient for living room use.
New Predator Gadgets and Accessories Level Up the Gaming Experience
A new range of Predator gaming gadgets was also unveiled, including:
- Predator M-Utility Backpack: designed for gamers, streamers and photographers, it’s water-repellant and offers easy access to its 17-inch laptop compartment through a 180-degree fold-flat opening, making it easy for passing through airport security; plus it has a plethora of pockets including a tripod holder, built-in luggage strap for traveling, adjustable straps, and air mesh back padding.
- Predator Cestus 330 gaming mouse: Featuring the newly released solid Pixart 3335 sensor that provides responsive tracking and ultimate accuracy for competitive gaming, 16,000 DPI with seven programmable buttons, on-the-fly DPI switching (5 levels) and 16.8 M RGB backlighting. Users can customize settings with the Predator Quartermaster for improved accuracy and precision.
- Predator Aethon 300 gaming keyboard: With Cherry switches (MX Blue), teal blue backlighting, and anti-ghosting on all keys.
- Predator Galea 311 foldable gaming headset: precision-tuned 50 mm drivers featuring Acer’s TrueHarmony, hard key mutable mic, comfortable foam ear cushions and a 3.5 mm headphone jack connector.
Price and Availability
The Predator Orion 5000 gaming desktop will be available in North America in August starting at USD 1,199.99; in EMEA in June, starting at EUR 1,999.00; and in China in May, starting at RMB 15,999.
The Predator CG437K P gaming monitor will be available in North America in September, starting at USD 1,299.00; in EMEA in September, starting at EUR 1,499.00; and in China in August, starting at RMB 9,999.
Predator M-Utility Backpack will be available in North America in June for USD 179.99; in EMEA in June, for EUR 179.00; and in China in October, for 1,499 RMB.
Predator Cestus 330 gaming mouse will be available in North America in June for USD 69.99; in EMEA in June, for EUR 79.00; and in China in October, for 499 RMB.
Predator Aethon 300 gaming keyboard will be available in North America in June for USD 119.99; in EMEA in June, for EUR 149.00; and in China in October, for RMB 999.
Predator Galea 311 noise-isolating gaming headset will be available in North America in June for USD 99.99; in EMEA in June, for EUR 69.00; and in China in October, for RMB 339.
Exact specifications, prices, and availability will vary by region. To learn more about availability, product specifications and prices in specific markets, please contact your nearest Acer office via www.acer.com.
The new Predator Orion 5000 desktop, Predator CG437K P monitor, and latest gaming gadgets were unveiled today at the next@acer press event held in New York, where the company announced a range of new devices and solutions for gamers, creators, families, students, and professionals. For more information, visit www.acer.com/nextatacer.
 Only available on PO5-605S with i9-9900K and i7-9700K processors